Introduction

This blog will track the preparation and progress of a journey from the Antarctic circle near the bottom tip of Argentina to the top of North America via the amazing island of Cuba and many other interesting places along the way such as Uruguay, Chile, Brazil, Paraguay, Panama and the US. Some of the highlights for me will be spending time at Iguazu Falls, experiencing a Boca Juniors football match in Buenos Aires, kayaking with the whales in the Antarctic and attending a screenwriter's conference in Los Angeles!

Saturday 5 October 2013

Santa Barbara and Morro Bay

Me with my campervan in front of the Morro Bay Rock.
I was trying to hire a motorbike or car to travel up the coastal road from LA to San Francisco when I came across this campervan. The company needed it taking up to San Francisco, so I was happy to oblige them. It comes with a double bed, fridge and sink in the back. I couldn't believe my luck - no more hotels for the rest of my trip!

I headed for Santa Barbara, which was very smart, but didn't stay too long, as I found it very pretentious and fake, so I moved on after only a couple of hours.

Next stop was Morro Bay, which I have fallen in love with. It reminds me a little of Byron Bay. It is very relaxing and I am getting lots of writing done, so I plan to stay here for a few days.



The Morro Bay Rock as seen from the Embarcadero.
The town of Morro Bay as seen from the rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment