Introduction

This blog will track the preparation and progress of a journey from the Antarctic circle near the bottom tip of Argentina to the top of North America via the amazing island of Cuba and many other interesting places along the way such as Uruguay, Chile, Brazil, Paraguay, Panama and the US. Some of the highlights for me will be spending time at Iguazu Falls, experiencing a Boca Juniors football match in Buenos Aires, kayaking with the whales in the Antarctic and attending a screenwriter's conference in Los Angeles!

Thursday 10 October 2013

Pebble Beach and Carmel

Along the coast between Monterey and Carmel.
I drove along the coastal road between Monterey and Carmel and took lots of photos of the spectacular views. It was so beautiful and calming that I stopped to do some writing.

It was sunny like every other day on my trip, but quite windy; however, this was great because it really whipped up the waves on to the rocks.

The 18th green at Pebble Beach Golf Club.
I drove along 17-mile Road, which was very scenic and full of amazing mansions. This is the place I would live if I had millions to spend. Not only because of the spectacular coastline, but because it runs through Pebble Beach Golf Club. The golf fans among you will know that this famous links golf course has hosted the U.S. Open five times. I had a beer in the club house as I looked out over the 18th green.

The Waterboys live on stage.
Do you remember the Irish folk/rock band, The Waterboys? Well, last night, I went to see them play in Carmel. It was an intimate venue with less than 1,000 seats. The last time I saw them live was in June 1986, when they and The Cult were supporting Simple Minds at the Milton Keynes Bowl. Totally different venue! They were just as good though, and it was a great way to cap my last evening in the States.

After the show, I drove up to San Francisco so that I could have a day of city sight-seeing before flying home.

No comments:

Post a Comment