Introduction

This blog will track the preparation and progress of a journey from the Antarctic circle near the bottom tip of Argentina to the top of North America via the amazing island of Cuba and many other interesting places along the way such as Uruguay, Chile, Brazil, Paraguay, Panama and the US. Some of the highlights for me will be spending time at Iguazu Falls, experiencing a Boca Juniors football match in Buenos Aires, kayaking with the whales in the Antarctic and attending a screenwriter's conference in Los Angeles!

Thursday 3 October 2013

On the set of the new TV show, 'Undateable'

Today, I took a break from working on my screenplay to go to an English pub in Hollywood for lunch, where I watched Manchester City get outclassed by Bayern Munich!

This evening, I went to the Warner Brothers Studios to be part of the audience for Undateable, a situation comedy coming soon to NBC TV. Chris D'Elia plays a confident slacker, who has inherited romantically challenged friends. It was extremely funny, and made me realise that I don't laugh enough in my life. There was a comedian in the audience, who kept us laughing in between the scenes. There was one scene that was so funny that it took about eight takes because the actors could not keep a straight face.

It took about four hours to film all the scenes of one 30-minute episode. What I found interesting was that the actors followed the script on the first take of each scene, but then started to ad-lib in the second or third takes, which was often very funny. Watch out for the show in your part of the world next season. It is a great way to spend an evening in L.A. because it is totally free and they even give you food!

No comments:

Post a Comment