Introduction

This blog will track the preparation and progress of a journey from the Antarctic circle near the bottom tip of Argentina to the top of North America via the amazing island of Cuba and many other interesting places along the way such as Uruguay, Chile, Brazil, Paraguay, Panama and the US. Some of the highlights for me will be spending time at Iguazu Falls, experiencing a Boca Juniors football match in Buenos Aires, kayaking with the whales in the Antarctic and attending a screenwriter's conference in Los Angeles!

Monday 30 September 2013

Screenwriters World Conference 2013

Hyatt Regency Century Plaza in Los Angeles
I have just  spent the last three days at the Screenwriters World Conference 2013 at the Hyatt Regency Century Plaza. It was nice to stay at a luxury hotel for a couple of nights and mingle with lots of budding screenwriters from all around the world.

I attended some great talks and got plenty of feedback on the structure of my story. I have started a screenwriting blog, which I will keep separate from my travel blog. The plan is to record the trials and tribulations that will take me, a rookie screenwriter, from the first draft to the final draft of my first ever screenplay!

I must get some sleep now, because I have to be up early tomorrow as I am going on a VIP tour of the Warner Brothers Studios in Burbank, and then I am going for a tour of one of the film schools nearby.

No comments:

Post a Comment