Introduction

This blog will track the preparation and progress of a journey from the Antarctic circle near the bottom tip of Argentina to the top of North America via the amazing island of Cuba and many other interesting places along the way such as Uruguay, Chile, Brazil, Paraguay, Panama and the US. Some of the highlights for me will be spending time at Iguazu Falls, experiencing a Boca Juniors football match in Buenos Aires, kayaking with the whales in the Antarctic and attending a screenwriter's conference in Los Angeles!

Thursday 26 September 2013

Santa Monica

Street near a beach
Where the Santa Monica Blvd meets the beach.
When I arrived in Los Angeles, I took a bus from the airport to Santa Monica beach, where I had lunch at an English pub, while watching a Chelsea game live!

I walked around the town and then towards Venice Beach looking for a motel, which I eventually found.

My biggest obstacle was the traffic lights. It is illegal to jay walk in the US, which I knew, so had to wait for sign. However, there are no beeps here, so if you are distracted and not continuously starring at the sign, you can miss your turn to cross!

I thought the place would be wealthy and conservative, which it was, but there were also a lot of hippie new age shops, vegan cafes, psychic readers - a bit like Byron Bay I suppose.

The motel was cheap and nasty, and also very noisy, so I decided to relocate to Hollywood.

No comments:

Post a Comment