Introduction

This blog will track the preparation and progress of a journey from the Antarctic circle near the bottom tip of Argentina to the top of North America via the amazing island of Cuba and many other interesting places along the way such as Uruguay, Chile, Brazil, Paraguay, Panama and the US. Some of the highlights for me will be spending time at Iguazu Falls, experiencing a Boca Juniors football match in Buenos Aires, kayaking with the whales in the Antarctic and attending a screenwriter's conference in Los Angeles!

Friday 27 September 2013

California ScienCentre and Sony Pictures Studios


This morning, I went down to the California ScienCentre, and the highlight was getting close-up to the space shuttle, Endeavour.

In Los Angeles, it sometimes feels more like a Spanish holiday resort than America, as most of the signs are in English and Spanish, and many of the large billboard adverts are in Spanish only; but what is really weird is every now and then, someone approaches me in American English just as I am about to talk using my best Spanish!

Today, I found some traffic lights with beeps, except they sounded more like a bird tweeting, which took me by surprise at first!

This afternoon, I went on a two-hour tour of the Sony Pictures Studios, which was really cool. The part that I enjoyed most was not what I was expecting... As part of the Drive Around The World documentary series, Buzz Aldrin (Apollo astronaut) and Steve Wozniak (Apple co-founder) will be filmed driving to the South Pole in hydrogen fuel cell vehicles, and for a short while, we got to watch their vehicles being assembled!

My screenwriters' conference begins tomorrow at midday, so there will be no more tourist updates until Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment