Introduction

This blog will track the preparation and progress of a journey from the Antarctic circle near the bottom tip of Argentina to the top of North America via the amazing island of Cuba and many other interesting places along the way such as Uruguay, Chile, Brazil, Paraguay, Panama and the US. Some of the highlights for me will be spending time at Iguazu Falls, experiencing a Boca Juniors football match in Buenos Aires, kayaking with the whales in the Antarctic and attending a screenwriter's conference in Los Angeles!

Friday 24 February 2012

Days 3 & 4: Iguazu Falls

Getting up close and really wet
on the Argentinian side of the falls
Flying the CSIRO Discovery flag
on the Brazilian side of the falls!
Quad bike racing in the jungle
I spent Wednesday morning on the Argentinian side of Iguazu Falls. There are several hundred waterfalls, which vary in height from 60 to 80m. I went on one of the zodiacs (see photo) which takes you right under one of the falls, so you get absolutely drenched!

The following day I took a half-day tour to the Brazilian side of the falls, which allows for a more panoramic view of all the falls. I will upload more photos to my FaceBook page when I get a chance.

It might not surprise some of you that I enjoyed the quad bike riding more than seeing the falls. Racing these bikes through the jungle was the best part of my trip so far!

After our day tour left Brasil, we crossed the border to visit Paraguay's second city, Ciudad del Este, where I wandered around the shops. I bought a 64G thumb-drive for about $20 and a Barcelona football shirt for only $12.

Now I getting ready to fly from the heat and humidity of the tropics at top of Argentina to the world's most southern city at the bottom of Argentina. I think a change of clothes will be required on the plane!

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to Wigan today so probably need the same amount of clothes as you!

    ReplyDelete