Introduction

This blog will track the preparation and progress of a journey from the Antarctic circle near the bottom tip of Argentina to the top of North America via the amazing island of Cuba and many other interesting places along the way such as Uruguay, Chile, Brazil, Paraguay, Panama and the US. Some of the highlights for me will be spending time at Iguazu Falls, experiencing a Boca Juniors football match in Buenos Aires, kayaking with the whales in the Antarctic and attending a screenwriter's conference in Los Angeles!

Monday 6 February 2012

Boca Juniors vs. Independiente

Boca Juniors' three-tiered Bombonera stadium
currently has a capacity of around 49,000
Now that my departure date has been put back two days, I will have to wait until after my cruise to go an Argentine football match. On Sunday 11 March, Boca Juniors, who were the undefeated champions in the Apertura last year, are playing at home against Independiente, who are also from the capital, so it should be a great atmosphere! I will have to buy a ticket before it sells out. I just found out that after Buenos Aires, I can spend the next two weeks in Cuba for about the same price as going to the Galapagos Islands. Spoilt for choice really!

No comments:

Post a Comment